Media Contact: Kristie McDowell-Karn
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
RRCEA LLC, Consilium Design Win Landscape Silver Award at The Nationals
RRCEA, LLC and Consilium Design’s vision for a sustainable development at Leyden Rock in Arvada, Colorado have earned the team a Silver Award for Best Landscape in a Master Planned Community at The Nationals.
The Nationals Awards salute the best and brightest in the American building industry. The Silver Award is presented to the top five landscape designs among a highly competitive national field.
Chris Elliott, President of RRCEA, LLC, shares, “Leyden Rock is one of the fastest selling communities I’ve ever participated in. It was a privilege to work with Consilium Design to realize our joint vision for a vibrant community where people and nature thrive together.”
The Leyden Rock Community received the Silver Award for their focus on sustainability and preservation to foster a genuine sense of community at Leyden Rock. Highlights of the Leyden Rock landscape design include:
- Consolidating open space, preserving native landscapes and wildlife habitat while simplifying maintenance.
- Maintaining country appeal and view corridor along the major road by preserving the native landscape and existing landforms.
- Using drought and cold tolerant native and naturalizing plant materials in open space and parks.
- Preserving ridgelines along the top of slopes by locating and grading home sites to avoid excess fill on existing vegetation.
- Including jack fencing, a historic Colorado style, to maximize the rustic appearance of the land and soften the line between public and private space.
- Implementing temporary irrigation to improve germination and reestablishment of native grasses.
- Erecting monument towers, inspired by the Monjeau Lookout in New Mexico, to complement the grand sweep of the land throughout.
- Introducing metal, stone, and timber beams throughout to reinforce the distinctive character of the community.
Craig Karn, President of Consilium Design, notes, “The Nationals Award is an honor, and it’s gratifying to have contributed to the exceptional success story of Leyden Rock, which has become one of the fastest growing master planned communities in the United States.”