Craig L. Karn
Dane J. Huffman
VP of Business Operations
Associate Project Manager
W. Richard Martin III
Who We Are
At Consilium Design we believe compelling, sustainable design solutions must be contextual, adaptable, and temporal in nature. Our designs are meant to be lived in, not simply looked at. The ideal of place is more than a predetermined pattern of streets and trails or the skin of buildings. It emanates from the patterns of life and how the places we create influence the experiences and memories of people who live in them.
Our mission is to make great places happen.
We offer the simplest, most uncomplicated, relationships with our principals in the industry so that you can get your concerns taken care of quickly & expertly…with minimum cost – time, energy, money and lost opportunity.
We have a reputation for working well with all stakeholders of your team. We listen.
We move with an almost unheard of urgency…we move faster than the speed of business, we move at the speed of developers. “Why not do it now?” is our mantra.
We are detailed, accurate and timely with the information we share with members of the project team so that they have the time and information to excel.
Our Design Philosophy is Doing Simple Well.
- Your plans get approved faster
- Your plans age well so you build your reputation and open up future possibilities.
- Your plans will sell with greater velocity so you reach your absorption goals, faster.
We provide the most value for your land planning and design dollar. We spend your money as if it were our own — we respect it.
For more detailed examination of our design philosophy, please read Doing Simple Well.
Discover the Consilium Design difference.
We respect people and the environment. First impressions are like our planet, we only get one. That’s why we labor in the details that truly matter to our clients and the various stakeholders in the projects we work on, including ourselves and our team members.
This respect manifests itself in simplicity in our relationships, in our responsiveness to our clients and in the value we create in our designs.
We encourage a love for and the practice of lifelong learning. Never be satisfied by what you know now.
We value creativity, passion, enthusiasm, and the courage to explore new ideas and to accept the ideas of others.
We welcome the opportunity to be held accountable for our past actions, to be responsible in the present and to be dependable and reliable in the future.
Making Great Places HAPPEN. What’s a great place? A great place is more than a predetermined pattern of streets and trails or the skin of buildings. It emanates from the patterns of life and how the places we create influence the experiences and memories of the people that live in them.
It’s one thing to say your way of doing things is better than others. It’s quite another when highly respected 3rd party sources say it for you.
- The Met at Boulevard One, Denver, Colorado
2021 National Association of Home Builders Best in American Living (BALA) Gold, Multifamily Development up to 3 stories, Built for Sale
- Stanley Marketplace, Aurora, Colorado
2018 USGBC Local Leader Award for Outdoor Environments
2018 Pacific Coast Builder’s Gold Nugget Award of Merit, Best Rehabilitation Project
- Leyden Rock, Arvada, Colorado
2017 National Association of Home Builders Best in American Home Living (BALA) Gold Award Single-Family Community, 100 units +
2016 National Association of Home Builders Nationals, Silver Award, Best Landscape Design, Master Planned Community
2016 HBA of Denver, MAME Community of the Year
- Sun Kingdom, Chongqing, P.R. China
2014 PCBC Gold Nugget Award of Merit, Best International Community Design
2014 National Association of Home Builders Best in American Living (BALA) Gold, International Community Design
- Alta Aspen Grove, Littleton, Colorado
2012 EXPO Fall Forecast, Daniels College of Business, Project of the Year
Consilium Design’s broad range of planning and design experiences includes:
- Large-scale land use master planning
- Commercial, residential and mixed-use development planning and community design
- Golf course community planning and design
- Neighborhood and small site planning and design
- Design guidelines for commercial, mixed-use and residential development
- Recreation amenity and park design
- Open space and trail design, planting and landscape design
- Streetscape and civic space design
- Community logo, signage and monument design
- Directional, interpretive, & model complex signage design
- Stormwater, water quality, and natural area design enhancements and restoration