Building a community is different than “Branding” a community. Community is not a billboard entry feature, a catchy advertising campaign or a colorful website. It’s about people; assembling, interacting and moving.
Resilient, regenerative communities are built upon diversity in:
LAND USE AND HOUSING
- Create a balance of jobs and housing with mixed land use
- Contribute to cultural diversity and economic stability by using a variety of housing types and values
- Integrate multi-modal transportation options to create more access to transit and greater system redundancy
- Design for movement of people, not cars
RECREATION, PARK, AND OPEN SPACES
- Support all life stages for everyone in the community in parks and open spaces
- Incorporate public art and local culture through design and programming
At Consilium Design we believe compelling design solutions must be:
Contextual: Reflect the character of the site and its surroundings.
Temporal: Regenerative solutions that will evolve with time.
Regenerative and Resilient: Responsive to changes within the environment and patterns of use.