At This year’s International Builder Show, be sure to mark your calendars so that you don’t miss Consilium Design’s innovative sessions on design and water management, featuring Craig Karn and other leaders in the home building industry.
Turning the Tide: Making Water an Asset for Your Project, Not a Liability
Date: Wednesday, February 9, 2022
Time: 9:15 AM – 10:15 AM
Water has become a critical issue facing builders throughout much of the country. Home builders and community developers are impacted by issues of ongoing drought and aridification, water quality, stormwater, and aging infrastructure. These issues are influencing the pace of building and housing affordability across the country. Through a diverse set of regional perspectives, this session will demonstrate how to maximize the value of water as an asset instead of treating it as a design and development liability. A panel of industry experts will address key water challenges and innovative steps to overcome them. Discover how innovations in water planning and management can support the entitlement process and community sales and marketing.
- Explore how a water-driven design approach can be used to help enable continued community development and home building in all regions of the country.
- Define how to think of stormwater as an asset for building more resilient communities, rather than as a liability and “waste product” of development.
- Demonstrate the role that water conservation and sustainable landscape design can play in affordability.
- Determine how a water-focused, resilient community design attracts buyers and accelerates sales.
Outdoor Living Designs Solutions for Every Scale
Date: Thursday, February 10, 2022
Time: 11:15 AM – 12:15 PM
Room: OCCC – W307-C
With the renewed need for outdoor spaces throughout the pandemic, it’s more important than ever that designers and builders are offering a variety of right-sized, well-programmed outdoor living amenities. During this session, panelists will share their highest impact design ideas for outdoor living, discuss the importance of programming outdoor spaces, explore the latest trends in outdoor living and outdoor spaces in larger communities, and address outdoor living and privacy even on smaller lots. Make the most of dog-friendly amenities or get inspiration of otherwise empty, grass yards — regardless of your typical project size, the ideas shared will provide inspiration for outdoor living in your next projects.
- Identify trends and buyer preferences in outdoor living spaces, from smaller lots to larger communities.
- Discuss the importance of programming and right-sizing outdoor living spaces.
- Understand how privacy can be included in outdoor living design, even in closer lots and multifamily living.
- Identify what makes the “wow factor” in outdoor living, even with a smaller budget.