Lake Shore | Chongqing, P.R. China
- GWORLD Real Estate & Cellulose Design
- Services Provided:
- Urban Design & Community Master Planning
Uncommon Respect for:
- Topography — the master plan responds to a unique landscape with careful housing layouts that work seamlessly throughout elevation change
- Lifestyle — the design offers diverse housing options with an uncommon sense of individuality and sense of place for residents
- Culture — multiple pedestrian oriented neighborhoods linked within an overall community influences the sense of place through a mix of neighborhood-serving uses, including an elementary school, a community recreation center, and a variety of retail and office spaces.
GWorld Real Estate’s master-planned, transit oriented community is conveniently located just across the Yangtze River, southeast of downtown Chongqing. The Municipality of Chongqing is home to over 30 million people, with 14 million people living in a densely-urbanized region. Development of the GWorld project is a key component of the planned growth of this emerging metropolis. Connected to Downtown Chongqing by light rail, commuter/shuttle bus and highway transit, the GWorld community is ideally located for mixed-use and residential development. Uses surrounding the site include a government office campus and manufacturing facilities that will expand the employment base. A 72-hole championship golf course community is underway to the west and a large community park and open space is planned to the south. Approximately 680,000 square meters of building development is anticipated within the community, including over 60,000 square meters of commercial/retail and as many as 4,000 residential units. An extensive, interconnected system of open spaces, parkways and amenities create the exciting backdrop for new urban living residents.