High Point - DIA | Aurora and Denver, Colorado
- LNR Property Corporation
- Services Provided:
- Urban Planning & Landscape Architecture
Uncommon Respect for:
- Change — the master plan respects the need for mixed-use development and long term airport operation
- Development Diversity — the design includes a large variety of development types, all planned to work cohesively within core urban spaces and residential areas alike
- Community — a range of single-family and multi-family residential home developments are closely located to amenities throughout the master plan
High Point is an 1,800-acre mixed-use, master-planned community adjacent to Denver International Airport in both Aurora and Denver, Colorado. The community will ultimately include over 12 million square feet of commercial development and 3,000 residential units. Craig Karn has directed the master plan design for High Point since 2004, when the first concepts for the development were produced. Since August of 2005, Consilium Design has been involved in the ongoing coordination with prospective builders and commercial developers, master plan and detailed development plan design, the development of individual neighborhoods, and open space design.
Consilium Design has also collaborated with the project development team on overall master plan refinements and the inclusion of large scale developments like the Gaylord Hotel. The West End, a mixed-use neighborhood addition at Tower Road and 64th Avenue includes a broad range of multi-family and single-family residential home types, thoughtfully integrated with retail, restaurants, live/work units, hotels and professional offices in a dynamic, urban setting.
– Ed Zebrowski, Starwood Land Ventures